1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil. When almost smoking, add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onions become very soft and a little bit transparent (about 8 minutes).
2. Add the celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes. Raise heat to high and add meat. Saute, stirring frequently and breaking up any large lumps and cook until meat is darker and defrosted (about 10 minutes).
3. Add the tomatoes, parsley and basil and cook over medium low heat until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook the pasta and grab maybe 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
5. Add the pasta and pasta water to the sauce and toss together. Garnish with either Pecorino Romano or Parmesan..